At the very last minute of making the lineart, I suddenly remembered that eyries, essentially griffins, had wings! And so I went back and tussled with myself over how to add them, and after a week of work I finished the inking and coloring.
The final version.
This is the original look of the picture, with my mild departures from the actual purple color of the art reference I was given.
This is a more faithful reproduction of the art reference’s colors, since I felt guilty about playing with the colors as much as I did.
This progress animation shows how I got from the lineart to the initial purple coloration, and then later to the browner colors.